Saturday 5 May 2012

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

People think we're crazy. Rightfully so I suppose since we have decided to move without accommodation and without employment. And without sufficient funds.

To be fair though, sufficient funds is a subjective matter since that mostly pertains to lifestyle choices. Our lifestyle is one of a very moderate nature so in that sense we should/could be fine. Will we? Only time will tell I suppose. Things are hectic to say the least as of right now.. and quite stressful. Between coordinating every last nuance of the "selling our shit" and "trying to not get scammed by people offering accommodations at ridiculously low prices" we have our hands full. I was being polite with the whole "distrustful" thing as I didn't want to point fingers. But in all honesty I should point fingers, if for no other reason than to enlighten others.

There are many people who have been scammed. People who have lost their hard earned money because they are, well.. partly because they are a bit naive but as far as I am concerned, for the most part, because they want to believe in a world that is more honest. A world where people do want the best for each other and are willing to help one another. Sadly, the world we live in is no such world. It's a cruel, dark and rancid Petri dish waiting for it's next victim to swallow. I wish it wasn't so, but wishing isn't going to make a difference. Changing the small monkey sphere you live in might, and even that's a stretch. I still want to think that the only difference you can make is the one that starts with you.

But back to pointing fingers. Because I want to whether I should or not. So far persons/people from Nigeria and The Netherlands have tried to scam us into believing that someone would realistically rent a 2 bedroom flat in South West London for £500. Should or does this reflect badly on everyone living in Nigeria and The Netherlands? Of course not, I am sure there are more honest people there than dishonest. But "Hey!" if you are from either of those countries and you're reading this. Those loud fuckers are making the rest of you look bad. Just thought I would let you know. Don't shoot the messenger.

So.. stressful yeah. Things are quite stressful. We're moving in less than 10 days and I suppose this story of mine will continue then..

Not to make this into a cliffhanger or anything like that. It's just the way things are right now.