Wednesday 29 May 2013

Don't Be A Dick In Denial, Watch Damsel In Distress Part 2

Here's the thing. I would love to talk about this a lot. And I will. Soon. But not yet because I'm not quite sure how to approach this subject yet. And I want to approach this subject with the same curiosity and critique that Anita Sarkeesian is approaching it. Until then, I'm simply sharing Part 2 of her Damsel in Distress.


And because I can't fully express my own thoughts about this yet, I'm also just going to quote her own description of the series.
The Tropes vs Women in Video Games project aims to examine the plot devices and patterns most often associated with female characters in gaming from a systemic, big picture perspective. This series will include critical analysis of many beloved games and characters, but remember that it is both possible (and even necessary) to simultaneously enjoy media while also being critical of it's more problematic or pernicious aspects.
In case you missed it, you can watch Part 1 here. I know I am being preachy, but I'm serious. We should all be watching this.