Saturday 17 December 2011

It Can Play Crysis 2!

Say hello to Open Cloud Gaming Platform from Gaikai. Yeah, that's what they call it, so that's what I'm calling it too. What does it all mean for us mortals? It 'effin means that you can play Crysis 2.. in your browser, right now.. for free. Sure it's just a demo, but considering that back in 2007 most people's computer couldn't even play Crysis, albeit on awesome graphical settings. Now in the future of 2011, soon to be 2012, you can play Crysis 2 in your browser. The future is looking pretty awesome isn't it?

You can also play e.g. Bulletstorm, which is actually a game I have wanted to try so obviously I seized the opportunity to do so. Am I going to buy it? No, it didn't really seem like my kind of game in the end, although the "Kill with Skill" does seem like a fun concept. It just felt a bit too ADHD for me.

So what are you waiting for?! Go, right now, and try any or all the games listed in their showcase. Because you can. Except for both The Sims games, which seemed to be region locked for now.. of course.. because I wanted to show my wife that she could try The Sims: Medieval.

Disclaimer: I know there are graphical differences between Crysis and Crysis 2 making my comparison a very unfair one, but just go with it anyway. It's still pretty cool that you can play it.. in your browser baby!