Monday 9 December 2013

Carlos’ Countdown ‘Til Christmas (15)

15 days until Christmas. The countdown continues.




Getting closer and closer to Christmas means it’s about time we start getting out all the decorations. If there’s one thing I like about Christmas it’s all the extra lights. I suppose it only makes sense since I come from a country with periods of continuous darkness. But first.

Lighting the second candle of Advent.


“In the northernmost areas of the country the sun never rises above the horizon for about 2 months. Southern Finland has some daylight each day, though it receives only about 6 hours of daylight a day in midwinter.”

So, to combat this perpetual darkness I, Carlos the Lightbringer™, shall now shine my beacon of glorious lightness all up in this house. Yeah, I’m bringing it, J.J. Abrams-style.

Inflatable Origami Water Ballon. courtesy of origami-instructions.com. Expect instead of putting water in it, I stuck a light inside it.



And provided I didn’t already blind you with the intense lens flare. Here’s the same photo, in a more unedited state.