Sunday 23 August 2009

Achievement Whore

I confess, I'm an Achievement Whore. Whatever game I might be playing, if it has achievements I stuck forever trying to make sure I get them all. This goes from Xbox 360 games to Farmville on Facebook, yeah you know what I'm talking about.

Anyone else out there who can relate?

Anyways. I bought Fable II Pub Games some time ago, probably like almost a year ago but not quite, I know this because I had purchased Fable II, before I actually bought Pub Games. Anyway, when and how I bought it is besides the point. The point is that this game has ridiculously difficult achievements to get. Not all of them, but some.

Take for instance "I Want It All", pictured below.

"Earn all 15 unique items"

The requirements for this one doesn't really sound that difficult, and in itself it isn't. However, when you factor in that there are 5 tournaments per game type (3) you have to win in (getting within the top five seems to be enough) to unlock an item. You can pretty much calculate that 15 "wins" equals 15 items, and then your set.

Enter the dreaded "Spinnerbox" game. This is purely based on luck, and nothing else. If you google it, and look in forums where people have discussed various strategies for this game. Don't believe a word they say. It's all about luck, and there is not a bleeding cows anus in hell that you can affect the outcome. You wanna win 5 tournaments of this annoying piece of shit game? Then get prepared for some button-mashing, because that is the only thing that you can do. And be prepared to do a lot of it.




I honestly hate this game. I really do.

From one thing to another though, or well... not actually another thing, more like a continuum of where things have been so far. I am also enjoying Assassin's Creed at the moment. Yeah I bought this like some years ago too, but I just got stuck at a certain point in the game and couldn't muster myself to get past it. Until I picked the game up again that is. Now I'm busy busy busy as a bee trying to find all the 'effin flags in this 'effin game. Don't get me wrong, I like this game. The cheer pleasure of jumping from rooftop to rooftop only to drop down on an unsuspecting target, stab him in the throat and then be gone so quickly that no one has any time to react. It's a thrill.

But hunting for flags for no other reason than to get an achievement, you're lucky I'm such a whore for achievements.






I'll leave you with this wonderfully juvenile rhyme I just made up.

Runny runny
Jumpy jumpy
Stabby stabby
Likey likey.

Endy endy.