Monday 8 November 2010

The Feast of Winter Solstice

My wife-to-be and by the extension that is "ooh, I also wanna" we're planning on having Christmas Feast. She's always hated Christmas and well within her rights to do so, I think, but maybe not as much anymore. There's always been numerous reasons for her hatred but none so true as the fact that Christmas has always been ruined by other people, and it's still very much that way. I won't go into details as to exactly why but I've always accepted her dislike secretly hoping that maybe, just maybe, if we could create new traditions and just ignore other peoples need for theirs... then maybe, she would like it more. Not theirs, but ours.

Well, as it turns out, she's "discovered" what she would like her Christmases to be like. I say "discovered" with fluffy bunny ears because I'm not sure if that's the appropriate word for it. But I digress.

In my mind it would look a little something like this.



I'm really excited about it too, a lot (not alot) because of the fact that I actually kinda like Christmas.. yes I said, I like Christmas. Not everything about Christmas obviously, but there's a lot things about it that I enjoy. For instance the Advent wreath lighting up an otherwise dark and gloomy winter is something I've always enjoyed. So it makes me very happy that my wife-to-be is excited to celebrate something that I hope to call our kind of Christmas.

But I know what kind of Feast she wants, and on a serious note, it sounds really awesome so I'm just as eager about it. Besides I'm also going to get a flamboyant vest, so hell yeah!..

...

I think I'm the first person ever to include the words flamboyant vest and hell yeah in the same sentence.



The Feast we're going to have is probably going to be more like this. Which I'm fine with, in fact I'm equally eager about it. Since things that I like about Christmas can still be included and as long as I get my flamboyant vest I'm cool.


And a huge codpiece wouldn't hurt either.